- When was the last time a presentation made you sweat because you had opened yourself up to questions and were not sure what the next one would be?
- How often have you walked out of a meeting feeling a little beat up because you allowed your team to be open and honest with you?
- How often do you find yourself sweating because you are making decisions of which you are not sure of the outcome?
- When was the last time you sweated having to deliver bad news...and hurt a little bit because you actually delivered that news?
- How often are you reading something that makes your brain hurt?
- What new thing are you trying that makes you hurt in places you never imagined existed?
Here are two caveats to the sweat and soreness measure of leadership:
- Many people find that exercising in groups holds them more accountable and is actually more fun...be sure to include your team in your workout.
- The higher my sweat and soreness measure after a good workout, the better I feel about myself - the same is true for leaders.
Enjoy your next workout!