What is an organizational roadblock? It is anything that keeps the institution from more fully living out its mission and vision. Such items could include:
- unaddressed critical issues
- unaddressed non-critical issues
- weak personnel policies
- a focus on managing rather than leading fron those in leadership roles
- having the wrong people at the table
- lack of support and encouragement for the organization's best people
This list could go on and on, and will change depending on what is happening in one's life and/or organization at any given moment. The biggest question to ask is this:
AM I A ROADBLOCK WITHIN MY ORGANIZATION...
and if so, what am I going to do about it starting right now?