- did you spend time this past week moving the mission of your institution forward?
- who did you meet - especially who did you meet for the first time - that will assist you in helping move the mission of your institution forward?
- what events did you attend in which people got to know you a little better - and therefore got to know your institution a little better?
- who should you have not spent time with - in other words, who did you spend time with that did NOT help you move the mission of the institution forward?
- what does your schedule look like for next week/month?
- who do you need to have coffee/breakfast/lunch with that you believe might help you move the mission of the institution forward? Have you set up a meeting with that person yet?
So here is a quick recap of my week and the really cool people I met and the really fun things I did...
- coffee with Rebecca Powers (founder of Impact Austin)
- leadership coaching session with Marchelle Scarnier of Concordia University Texas
- Thrivent Scholars meeting with Amber Fogarty of SOS Leadership
- Lunch with Amber Fogarty and Kristen Cantu of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- Introduction to Business class with Tom Lucas from National Instruments
- Lunch with Concordia MBA alums Jim Weeks and Charlotte Spencer to discuss alum association
- discussion on COB vision with Lauren Riemer, CTX grant writer
- observed Conspirare rehearsal at St. Martin's Lutheran Church with friend Doug Bain of Bain Consulting
- Breakfast at Headliner's Club with Concordia Foundation members
- meeting with the College of Business Program Directors
- Lunch with MBA alumnus Daniel Urrea
- leadership coaching session with Carrie Leising form Concordia University Texas
- Dinner with Brad Hewitt (Thrivent CEO), Dick Moeller (Water to Thrive Exec Dir), Kurt Senske (LSSS CEO) and Pete Mueller (Pastor ACTS Church)
- Thrivent Scholars meeting with Brad Hewitt from Thrivent
- Thrivent Scholars Alumni meeting with Brad Hewitt from Thrivent
- Concordia Speaker Series with Brad Hewitt, Dick Moeller, and Kurt Senske
- provost Council Meeting
- meeting with Concordia MBA leadership faculty
- dinner with my good friend Mark Anderson who was in town from Houston
Great week...amazing week...intense week...full week...satisfying week...long week...energizing week... exhausting week. Leadership is hard work - AND leadership is fulfilling work. Looking forward to what next week brings. Are you?