- are you open to what God has next?
- what man is a man who does not leave the world better?
- LEAN your leadership into a need - or into another person
- leaving the mark that has been designed by God for you to leave
- am I willing to submit my gifts and leadership to a bigger picture?
- not a leader in authority, but a leader under authority
- God takes full responsibility for a life wholly devoted to Him (attributed to Charles Stanley)
- I can't go until God tells me its okay to go
- Giving God (& others) maximum access to my leadership capabilities
- give people ownership - a fundamental shift in life (especially in education)
- incompetence irritates me; overconfidence scares me (one of my favorites)
- Humility: the willingness to stop and listen to others
- faith is not about being IN or OUT - but figuring out what is important
- The bush is always burning; the ground is always holy
- Sometimes the crowd thins
- Our work comes from a particular place
- WHY am I building what I am building? Am I letting God build it?
- you don't win every game
- I need to knowthat this relationship is worth fighting for
- seeing repentance as a continuing ethic
- When we hesitate (is it a delay in obedience?) it may be that God is callling us to deeper waters
- WHY has God called me to be __________________? And what am I going to do with that?
- Joshua, as a leader: 1) acted immediately; 2) acted fearlessly; 3) acknowledged the presence of God; and 4) anticipated that God would act (Joshua 3: 1-5)
- Help people take the lid off thier box
- Pray prayers that are unthinkable
- Creat momentum by pouring yourself into your vocation
- You lose focus when you begin to hear the footsteps
- You lose focus when you begin celebrating the results too early
- Intensity leads to excellence
- In the story, the tortoise ALWAYS wins
- What can happen when you decide to pour your life into someone (or something) over a significant amount of time?
- The Gospel frees us to change the world, i.e. transform communities
- leave room in your life for the crushings